Current & Previous GHLT Projects
- Interviewing Comedrones (traditional Guatemalan birth attendants) to characterize the extent of their knowledge base especially regarding obstetrical emergencies
- Diagnosing Giardia, Entamoeba histolytica and Cryptosporidium in the Guatemalan Highlands with use of ELISA
- Estimating the prevalence of peripheral vascular disease in Mbarara, Uganda with the use of ankle brachial pressure indices
- Measuring the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in the Mayan population around Lago Atitlan in Guatemala
- Validating a Tuberculous Meningitis case definition in Mbarara, Uganda
- Surveying the refugee relocation programs and access to health care for refugees in the state of Virginia
- Evaluating the impact of community health workers in the rural patient population of Limopop Province, South Africa
- Assessing and addressing childhood malnutrition in an isolated, rural population in Cambodia
- Supporting the development of Radiology residency traning in Mbarara, Uganda
- Outcomes of patients with severe sepsis after the first six hours of resuscitation, in Mbarara, Uganda
There are faculty across the University of Virginia interested in Global Health.
Please see the Global Health Faculty Directory for a full listing.